This web site complements the book Regional Planning for a Sustainable America: How Creative Programs are Promoting Prosperity and Saving the Environment, edited by Carleton Montgomery and published by Rutgers University Press (ISBN 9780813551326).
The book describes many regional planning programs, strategies and innovations found in America and Canada today. The book includes:
- an introduction and conclusion synthesizing themes discussed by the contributors in their chapters,
- chapters on each of twenty-one regional planning programs by experts working on those initiatives, and
- chapters on regional planning policy issues, including climate change, affordable housing, economic benefits, land conservation and public visioning processes.
Through this web site, you can find additional materials on these regional planning programs and regional planning topics, such as:
- links to agency and NGO web sites
- plan documents
- statutes and regulations
- links to GIS data where available
Click here for the featured regional planning programs pages.
I hope visitors to this site will suggest additional programs and materials, as well as corrections – and read the book!
- Carleton Montgomery